Your eyes are the wondrous gift from God which makes you to see the entire world. Take good care of your eyes, and they will make you look beautiful and younger. However, any carelessness from your part with your eyes makes you look old, tired and pale. And this leads to forming of dark circles, emergence of fine line or wrinkles or puffiness or bags under eyes. Now, the question arises how to get rid of bags under eyes? Well,lots of beauty creams available however could be dangerous. Therefore go for the home remedies to get rid of puffy eyes.
This article consists of the home remedies to cure puffy eyes. Today, to look beautiful and attractive, actors and actresses use several beauty creams to get rid of eye bags as they have entire busy day forward and can’t afford to look tired and droopy.
How bad it feels when you woke up with irritating and annoying bags under your eyes. These annoying bags are the sign of stress and fatigue. One of the most common problem related to your eyes is puffiness under your eyes.
Well, there are several reasons behind puffy eyes. These include excessive crying, hormonal changes in the body, hangovers, unhealthy diet, climate change, problems related to sinus, hereditary factors, excessive physical stress, allergic to something, lack of sleep, etc.
Well, lots of beauty creams are available around you to reduce puffiness in your eyes. In addition, there are also natural ways or you can say home remedies available with which one can get rid of the puffiness under their eyes.
How To Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes
Well, there are natural remedies, however they took longer time as compared to the cosmetic products. So, be patient and erase under eye bags without any bad effect on your skin or eyes.
I will advice you if any kind of irritation occurs in your eyes, then immediately concern your doctor, as each and everyone’s body is sensitive and allergic to various elements. Also if you are taking hemorrhid creams, first consult your doctor and then apply it under your eyes.
1. Raw Potato
Raw potato consists of starch. And the presence of starch in the potato provide it with anti- inflammatory property. Hence, anti – inflammatory property of potato helps in reducing the annoying bags under your eyes. Also, potato is a good remedy to get rid of dark circles naturally.
How to apply raw potato on your eyes?
- Take a medium sized potato.
- Wash and peel the potato.
- Now grate the potato and put it into a clean cloth and then tie it up.
- Put this cloth over your eyelids for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Keep following this process on a regular basis till the puffiness under your eyes did not get washed away forever.
The most easiest way of getting rid of the bags under eyes is to have ample amount of water. One should drink at least 3 to 4 liters of water on a daily basis. Proper intake of water results in keeping your body hydrated. This leads to decreasing the probability of having swelling under your eyes or other parts of the body.
In addition, water is another good source of flushing all the toxins out of your body. Plus you must also reduce the intake of salt from your body. This will help you in reducing the water retention from your body. Do avoid all the caffeinated and carbonated beverages as these also results in dehydrating your body.
If you take chilled cucumber, it is very healthy for your body. Cucumber consists of astringent and enzymes property which helps in reducing the swelling or inflammation. Moreover, it also helps in tightening your skin. Cucumber is also a very effective home remedy to get rid of wrinkles and dark circles under your eyes. Also, learn how to prepare Cucumber face mask at home.
How to apply Cucumber on your eyes?
- Take a cucumber.
- Cut it into thin slices.
- Now put these slices into the refrigerator and let it to chill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put the chilled slices of cucumber on your eyes, till these slices did not get warm up.
- Repeat the above given process for three to 4 times in a day.
4. Iced water and Cold spoons
Another effective home remedy to get rid of eye bags naturally, is applying cold spoon on your eyes or iced water. The coldness will tighten your skin and provide relaxation to your blood vessels. This will lead to reduce the puffiness or the bags under your eyes.
Below are the steps given to how to use iced water and cold spoon remedy.
- Take 6 metal spoon and put them into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take all the spoons out.
- Now put the rounded portion of the spoon on your eyes till the spoon did not get warm.
- If one of your spoon get warm, us another spoon from the refrigerator and follow the same procedure with this spoon as you did with the first spoon.
Alternatively, instead of putting the spoon in the refrigerator, take a glass of chilled water. Now dip the spoon in the chilled water and let it there for 2 to 3 minutes. Now put the rounded portion of the spoon on the area where your eyes are puffy. Keep following this remedy for 3 to 4 times in a day, till your puffy eyes did not get completely normal. I hope till now, you got many tips to satisfy your question which is how to get rid of bags under eyes. For knowing more, read the article further.
5. Tea Bags
Whether it is green tea bag or black tea bag, both are good for reducing the puffiness under your eyes as well as irritation under your eyes. Tea bag consists of anti – irritant property which helps in reducing the swelling under your eyes or any other parts of the world. In addition, it also prevents the redness and inflammation under your eyes.
Follow the below given steps to know about how to make use of Tea Bags.
- Take 2 used tea bags and keep these bags into the refrigerator
- Leave it there for 30 minutes.
- Now you just lie down and put the chilled tea bags under your eyelids.
- Let it there on your eyelids for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the above procedure for 3 to 4 times in a day and you will find that, puffiness under your eyes has gone.
6. Chilled Water
If you are not able to sleep and this leads to make your eyes puffy, cold or chilled water is the perfect remedy. The chilled water tightens your skin, provide relaxation your blood vessels and helps in reducing the swelling under your eyes or any part of the body.
How to get rid of bags under eyes with chilled water?
- Wash off your face with chilled water for several times.
- Follow this procedure for several times in a day. You will find that the annoying bags under your eyes has reduce to a larger extent.
Moreover, there is another method which you can use to prevent puffy eyes. In this method, take a small bag which is filled with ice. Now wrap it in a cloth and place it under your eyes. Perform this exercise, till the swelling under your eyes did not go.
You Might Also Like To Read on MomHomeRemedies :
- Top 12 Home Remedies To Get Rid of Wrinkles
- How to make Face Mask for Glowing Skin
- Natural Method that cure Scars Instantly
7. Egg Whites
Because of the skin tightening property of egg whites, it helps in eliminating the puffy eyes and at the same time helps you in getting rid of the wrinkles and fine lines under your eyes.
How to apply Egg Whites on your eyes?
- Take 2 eggs and separate the yolk ( yellow part of egg).
- Now put the whites in a bowl.
- Then whip the egg whites thoroughly, till you did not get a consistent mixture.
- Now add few drops witch hazel, which consist of astringent property. Presence of this property helps in tightening your skin.
- Take a brush, dip it into the mixture and apply it on the swelling under your eyes.
- Leave it there till it did not get dried up.
- Now wash it off.
- Repeat the above procedure daily for 1 to 2 week and get rid of puffy eyes.
8. Salt Water
The mixture of salt and water is also an effective home remedy. Apply salt water and get rid of the swelling and under-eye bags within few days. Also, applying of salt water results in reducing the water retention which is quite similar to the concept of osmosis.
How to make and apply Salt Water?
- Take 4 cups of water and half teaspoon of salt.
- The water should not be excessive hot.
- No mix them together, till the salt did not get dissolved in the water properly.
- Take cotton ball and soak it in the mixture.
- Place the cotton ball on your eyelids for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Keep repeating this procedure for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Vitamin E oil
Vitamin oil E is also good to get rid of under-eye bags naturally. In this home remedy, first of all take chilled water in a bowl. Now add 3 to 4 drops of Vitamin E oil. Mix both the elements properly. Take two cotton balls or wool pads. Dip them in the solution obtained above. Now place these cotton or wool pads on your eyelids and leave them there for 20 to 25 minutes. You will find that swelling under your eyes has reduced to a larger extent.
Strawberries consists of the alpha hydroxy acid which not only makes your skin soft and smooth but also helps in reducing the swelling or eye bags naturally.
How to get rid of bags under eyes using strawberries?
- Take 6 strawberries.
- Keep them in the freezer of your refrigerator for half an hour.
- Now slice the strawberries into thick slices.
- Just lie down and put the sliced and chilled strawberries under your eyes for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you feel like, strawberries are getting warm, exchanged them with chilled ones. And follow the same procedure with these strawberries as well.
11. Chilled Milk Remedy
If the eye puffiness is very extreme, then chilled milk is the perfect remedy for it. In this take a glass of milk and put it into the freezer of your refrigerator for 25 to 30 minutes. However, make sure that milk did not get freeze up. Now either take a cotton pad or wool pad and dip it into the chilled milk. Put these cotton balls and put them over your eyes for half an hour at most. After half an hour, eye puffiness will reduced to a greater extent.
12. Aloe Vera
In Aloe Vera, there is a presence of Vitamin E. In addition Aloe Vera also consists of the antioxidant property which helps you in reducing the swelling under your eyes. Moreover, Aloe Vera is a very effective home remedy for solving various skin related problems such as dark circles, wrinkles or fine lines under your eyes.
So, take Aloe Vera gel that you either get from any of the health store or take a knife and put the aloe Vera get out of the Aloe Vera leaf. Also, this gel helps you in improving the blood circulation and helps you in getting rid of all the harmful toxins from your body.
In addition, most important thing to note is that, be careful while applying the Aloe Vera gel as it should not get into your eyes.
How to Prevent Puffy Eyes
- Use eye drop if you feel any kind of irritation which is the result of some allergy.
- If your eyelids are swelling, then apply cold compress, this will reduce the swelling.
- Drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated and to reduce the water retention.
- Include potassium rich food in your diet such as banana.
- Have proper sleep and rest.
- Do not take stress, keep your mind free from any kind of stress.
That’s all with the home remedies to get rid of bags under eyes. Though, there are various cosmetic products available, especially hemorrhid creams and ointment which helps in reducing the inflammation under your eyes very quickly. However, many eye related risks are involved with them.