Blackheads is a common problem which occurs in people of any age, however blackheads is quite common during the adolescent and teenage periods. When talk in medical terms, these are called as open comedones. In market many beauty creams commit that their creams prevents them from coming, however till now I have not known any cream in the market that can do so. Therefore, I am writing this article to provide natural remedies to get rid of blackheads.
These are the black or yellow color bumps which are formed when a clog develops in the opening of the hair due to the combination of excess of sebum, dirt and dead skin cells. And the bump develops dark not because of the dirt but because of oxidation. Factors responsible for black head are changes in body due to hormones, excessive use of cosmetic products, stress and genetics. The most common place where these black and yellow marks occur is on the face especially in nose.
However, these can also occur in chest, back, neck arms or shoulder. If proper attention is not given,it ultimately results in breakout of acne. Well, in market various medical treatments are available. But these treatments are either expensive or involves lots of side effects. Therefore, here are the natural ways which are readily available at your home and do not consists of any chemical, hence resulting in no side effects.
Natural Remedies to Get rid of Blackheads
Cinnamon is a spice which can be used for the black head removal as well as prevent it from coming again and again.
The question is how to use cinnamon to prevent blackheads? follow the steps given below.
- Take 4 cinnamon and make powder of it.
- Take 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Now mix the cinnamon powder with it.
- Apply the mixture on your face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Now rinse your face.
- Follow this remedy daily continuously for 10 days in order to get best results.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is the most effective remedy among the home remedies for blackheads. With baking soda, you can also treat acne as well. It also helps to clean up the impurities on your face such as dirt and debris. You can also use Baking soda to get rid of dark circles naturally.
Go through the given procedure to learn how to apply baking soda on you face.
- Take two teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with water.
- Make paste of it.
- Now apply the paste on the affected area and leave it for 5 to 7 min.
- Repeat this procedure for twice or thrice a week regularly.
The blend of oatmeal and plain yogurt is superb for preventing the blackheads and make your skin glow like anything.
How to make and apply Oatmeal?
- Mix one teaspoon of honey, juice of 4 tomatoes and a significant quantity of oatmeal.
- Now scrub this paste on your skin.
- Keep it for 10 minutes and then wash it off from your face.
- Continue this procedure regularly.
Alternatively instead of making oatmeal and honey mixture, mix oatmeal with yogurt and then apply this paste on your face and kept it for 10 minutes and then wash it off. Continue this exercise regularly.
4. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice also helps in removing the blackheads along with the acne on your face. All skin type of people can use lemon juice on their face as it consist of vitamins and nutrients which are good for all skin types.
- Take half lemon and squeeze its juice.
- Now mix it with few drops of honey.
- Now with gentle hands, rub this mixture on your face, especially blackheads area.
- Keep it for 10 minutes then wash it off from your face.
- Alternatively, you can mix lemon juice with rosewater or milk.
- Continue this exercise regularly at least twice in a week.
5. Bentonite Clay
Bentonite clay is a very rich source of minerals and has amazing healing properties. This bentonite clay is being used from centuries for treating skin related problems. The clay consists of molecules electric charge, which helps in drawing all the impurities from the pores in the skin.
How to apply bentonite clay on your face?
- Take some clay and add some water on it.
- Now mix water and clay together.
- Apply the clay mask on your face and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Now wash out your face and your blackheads will get disappear.
- Do follow the procedure for twice a week for continuous period.
You Might Also Like To Read on MomHomeRemedies :
- Oatmeal Facemask for Eczema and Dry Skin
- Natural Remedies to cure Wrinkles
- Natural Face Mask for Glowing Skin
Honey consists of humectant property which is very good for all skin types. It is one of the most effective home remedy for blackhead removal. The honey hydrates and at the same time tightens the skin pores which gives a fair complexion.
Directions to apply Honey on your face
- Take some honey and apply it on your face.
- Leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now rinse off your face with normal water.
7. Apply honey and milk solution
Both milk and honey consists of the properties which are good for skin. Honey has antibacterial property whereas milk consists of lactic acid. Both of these constituents make the skin softer and helps you in get rid of blackheads.
How to apply honey and milk solution on your face?
- Take 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- Now mix them and heat them for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After heating again mix the solution properly.
- Now keep it aside for some time and then apply the solution over the blackheads.
- Cover your face with a cotton strip.
- After 20 minutes wash it off and see the difference on your own.
8. Daily Water Treatment
Well all the above mentioned home remedies can be applied once or twice in a week. However for daily treatment of blackheads, water is the most effective remedy. Gently rinse your face 2 times a day with water daily. It will open up the skin pores. After doing this exercise, do apply a light moisturizer which prevent the skin from producing excess sebum which results in the dryness of the skin.
In India, turmeric is considered a herb with lots of medicinal properties, which can be utilized in effectively treating the blackheads.
How to make use of Turmeric to get rid of blackheads?
- Take some turmeric powder and mix it with 2 teaspoon of mint juice.
- Now apply the paste on the affected area.
- Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now wash it off from your face with normal water and see the difference on your own.
Cornmeal act as an abrasive to clean out the dirt from your face and ultimately the blackheads. Follow the steps given below to remove blackheads from your face.
- Take tablespoon of cornmeal and mix it with either milk or water.
- Now boil some water and take steam from it, as it will open your skin pores.
- Now apply the mixture and gently massage on your face with your hands.
- Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off.
- Follow this method once a week and on a continua basis.
12. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds is one of the best home remedies for Blackheads as well as to prevent split ends and dandruff.
How to use Fenugreek seeds for black head treatment?
- Take some fenugreek seeds, and soak them in water for an overnight.
- Now in the morning make paste of fenugreek seed by blending it on your mixer.
- Now apply the paste on your face and keep it for near about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash off the paste from your face and towel dry your face.
13. Epsom Salt
Epsom Salt is one of the most effective remedy. To apply epsom salt on your face, take 1 teaspoon of epsom salt and few drops of iodine in a hot water. Now leave it aside till the salt do not dissolve completely. And let the mixture cool. Use a piece of cotton to apply it on your face. Leave the mixture on your face till it did not get dry. And then wash it off.
So, friends, these were the home remedies to get rid of blackheads, which though will take some time but will eradicate the problem completely. So, have some patient while going for home remedies and you will see the result will do wonders. And if you feel like these home remedies are not working then go for dermatologist.