Who doesn’t desire to have soft and smooth hands? well, everyone loves to have rose like soft and pink tone hands. Your hands are the busiest parts of your body. And hence needs special care. Because your hands are indulged in several tasks, therefore, people do not get sufficient time to take proper care of their hands. And as a result you have dry hands as if your hands belong to some old age person.
No one wants to keeps their hands rough and dry forever. There are several reasons which results in making your hands dull and dry. These could be because of dry air,cold weather, low humidity, sun exposure, excessive hand washing or immersion in water, exposure to harmful chemicals, swimming in chlorinated pools and use of soap bars.
There are medical condition related factors also which results in making your skin dry and rough. These are psoriasis, eczema and allergens. Well, there are lots of products available in the market which restores the softness and smoothness of your hair. Daily usage of moisturizers and hand cream can make your hands soft and very smooth.
Make sure that you go for right skin care routine and products. Make the right choice and get beautiful and soft hands. There are also home remedies available that provides you with softer , younger looking and beautiful hands.
Home Cures for Rough and Dry Hands
1. Milk Cream
Milk cream consists of very high content of fat which makes it a natural moisturizer. As we all know that, milk cream consists of lactic acid. Because of presence of lactic acid milk cream helps in maintaining the PH level of your skin.
How to apply Milk Cream on your hands?
- Take fresh milk cream in a bowl.
- Now rub the fresh milk on your hands gently.
- Leave it on your hands for 10 minutes.
- Now rinse off your hands with slightly warm water.
- Follow this remedy daily and see the considerable difference within few days.
Alternatively, there is another method to apply milk cream on your hands. In this method, take 2 teaspoon of milk cream and 2 tablespoon of gram flour. Now mix both of them properly and apply the paste on your hands. Leave the paste on your hands for 15 minutes. Now rinse it off with lukewater. Follow this remedy three times a week.
3. Give Oil Massage to your hands
Massaging with oil is one of the oldest method which is being used from generations as a traditional method to soften your hands. Massaging your hands with oil on a regular basis results in soft and beautiful hands. Therefore, massage your hands daily for at least 10 minutes. You can use any oil for massaging exercise. However, I advice you to massage your hands using olive oil and coconut oil. These oil provides best results.
Olive oil has anti – oxidant property on one hand and consists of fatty acids on the other hands. This makes olive oil a good moisturizer for your skin. Similarly, coconut oil also consists of the fatty acids which works as a powerful moisturizer for making your hands soft and smooth.
Below are the step given to how to massage your hands?
- Take either coconut oil or olive oil.
- Now warm the oil. You can warm either in a pan or in microwave oven. Do remember, oil should not be hot.
- Take oil in your hands and start massaging your hands.
- Massage your hands with oil for at least 10 minutes.
- As the time passes, you hands will start softening and become less dry and rough. Then you can reduce the time of massaging your hands. Massaging for 2 to 3 minutes will be enough. Later on, reduce the frequency and massage only 3 times a week.
4. Make Olive Oil and Sugar Scrub
This remedy is somewhat related with the remedy discussed in above step. If you do not want to wait for a long time to soft hands, then instead of massaging with Olive oil, go for olive oil and sugar scrub. Within one minute minute, get yourself rid of dry and rough hands. Well don’t you think it is a magical remedy?
Olive Oil keeps the cells of your skin hydrated and moisturized. And sugar exfoliates the dead skin cells that is removes all the dead skin cells and bring about healthier cells in your body.
Below is the procedure given to how to make olive oil and sugar scrub.
- Take equal amount of olive oil and sugar and mix them both together.
- Rub this scrub on your hands gently. Rub your hands into a circular motion for few minutes.
- Now leave the scrub on your hands for at least 10 minutes.
- Then wash off your face with warm water and towel dry your face.
- After washing off your face, apply the moisturizer on your face.
- Experience on your the softness. Repeat this remedy three times a week.
Oatmeal is another effective home remedy for healing your dry and rough hands. Moreover, it also works as a natural cleanser as well as exfoliating agent which not only moisturizes your skin but also removes the dead skin cells. In addition, oatmeal is a very rich content of proteins, hence results in stopping the water loss from your body and keep your skin moisturized.
How to use Oatmeal to soften and smooth your hands ?
- Take 2 tablespoon of powdered oatmeal.
- Add half teaspoon of honey and little amount of water.
- Make a fine paste out of mixing the three of the elements together.
- To make the paste more effective, you can also add lemon juice to it.
- Leave the paste for 10 minutes and now rinse off your face with warm water
- Repeat this remedy once a week.
Honey consists of anti-oxidant, anti-microbial and antiseptic property. At the same time, it is also works as a natural moisturizer. Thus honey helps in locking the moisture of your hands and keep your hands smooth and soft. There are also other problems such as wrinkles that can be cured by honey. With use of honey, you can also get rid of acne overnight.
How to apply Honey to soften your hands?
- Take honey and apply it gently on your hands.
- Leave it there for 10 minutes.
- Now rinse off your face with warm water.
- Repeat this procedure twice daily and see the considerable difference within few days.
Alternatively, there is other methods as well to apply honey. Take equal amount of honey and glycerin and mix them together. Now apply the mixture on your hands and leave it for 10 minutes. Now rinse off with the warm water. Follow this procedure daily.
There is another way to make use of honey to soften your hands. For knowing more about this method, follow the procedure given below.
- Take 2 teaspoon of honey and add few drops of lemon juice and olive oil to it.
- Apply this paste on your hands.
- Keep it on your hands till it did not get dried up .
- Now rinse off your face with warm water.
- Follow this remedy three times a week.
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera have moisturizing properties and hence results in moisturizing your dry skin. It also form a protective layer around your skin and ultimately improves the skin tone. Here are the steps given to how to apply Aloe Vera for healing dry and rough skin.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and remove the gel from the Aloe Vera leaf either with the help of a knife or a spoon.
- Now apply the gel on your hands and gently massage for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Keep it for 15 minutes on your hand.
- Now rinse off with lukewater.
- Follow this remedy two times a week.
Yogurt is another effective home remedy for healing rough and dry hands as it works as a natural hydrating agent. Accompanied with it, yogurt also has lactic acid which makes it a natural cleanser as well as has exfoliate property. Because of exfoliate property, it removes the dead skin cells and brings the healthier skin cells.
How to apply Yogurt to smooth and soften dry skin on hands?
- Take yogurt and apply the yogurt on your hands gently.
- Massage it gently for at least 5 minutes.
- Leave the yogurt for 10 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
- Follow this procedure daily or you can also do on alternate days.
There is another way of using Yogurt on your skin. In this method, mix 3 teaspoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of gram flour and make a paste of it. Now apply this paste on your hands and keep it there till it did not get dried up. At last rinse off your face with water. Keep doing the remedy for thrice in a week.
9. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is also very good effective home remedy to soften your hands as it works as a natural cleanser. Moreover, it also improves your skin tone.
How to apply Lemon juice in order to get rid of rough hands?
- Take equal amount of lemon juice, baking soda and honey.
- Now mix them together.
- Apply the paste on your hands and massage it for at least a minute.
- Keep it on your hands for 5 minutes and then wash off your hands with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy thrice a week. You will find that within few days, your hands skin has started to soften.
There is another way of using Lemon juice to get beautiful and soft hands. Take 1 tub of which is full of lukewater. Add 1 lemon and honey to it. Now put your hands in this water and soak your hands for at least 10 minutes. Now towel dry your hand. After drying your hand, apply olive oil to moisturize your hands.
Over ripe banana is another effective home remedy to heal your rough and dry hands. Banana is also very helpful in treating your wrinkles and fine lines.
How to apply Banana to make your hands soft and smooth?
- Take 1 overripe banana and mash it.
- Now apply it on your hands and leave it on your hands for 30 minutes.
- Then wash off with water.
- After washing off, apply the moisturizer on your hand to maintain the PH level.
Alternatively, you can mash half over ripe banana and then add little amount of honey and olive oil to it. Apply this paste on your dry cracked hands. Leave the mixture on your hands for near about 30 minutes. Now wash off your face with warm water. Then again wash your face with cold water. This will lock the moisture of the skin of your hands and makes your hand soft and smooth.
11. Apply Avocado Paste
Avocado is a very rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. In addition, it also consists of monounsaturated fat which helps you in getting rid of your dry skin. Also avocado reduces the sagging skin. Follow the steps given below to know about how to make Avocado paste.
- Add honey to the half ripe avocado and make a paste out of it.
- Apply this mixture on your hands and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Now rinse off with cool water.
- Follow this remedy two times a week
You can also massage your hands with avocado oil. Follow this procedure daily once before taking your bath.
Additional Tips to avoid Dry and Rough Hands
- Never use hot air – dryers to dry your hands. Go for soft towel or toilet paper to dry your hands.
- Do not apply harsh soap on your hands, this will dry skin of your hands.
- Whenever you are cooking or gardening or doing any external work, do wear gloves.
- In winter, use humidifier to keep your hands soft and smooth.
- Go for healthy. Healthy diet is the answer of every problem.
- Drink water as much as you can. It will keep your body hydrated and keep your body moisturized.
- Never wash your hands with too much hot water or too much cold water.
Well, friends, that’s all with the home remedies for rough and dry hands. All the remedies mentioned above have no side effect. As these are natural remedies, they take some longer time to show their results, however, the end results are magical and surprising.